Saturday, April 26, 2008

WE DID IT!!!!


Well, we did it!! It was a long road but we are proud of ourselves for not giving up. (If you are confused at this point, read the posting before this one first) I learned a few things about myself, my wonderful husband and others;)I learned that I really can do whatever I put my mind to, which brought me to the realization that I WANT to finish school. I have really contemplated this subject for the past few years, especially the last 5 months since I took the semester off. I always said I didn't need to finish with Zak's business and where I am at in my life. Zak insists that I get my degree, must be a George thing ;). Okay so of course my mother wants me to also! Even though she always acts tough, she did the same thing I did, she got married and took a year off. So even though it will be hard and the business will have to hire another receptionist for while I am in school, I CAN DO IT!! I also learned alcohol is expensive. Zak and I saved a lot of money this month, which is AWESOME...since we have a surprise trip coming up!! Another thing I realized is how much my husband loves me and his family (the furry ones too)! He works so hard to make sure we have a roof over our heads, food on the table and always makes me feel safe. He may be a little scatter brained and going a 1,000 miles an hour 24 hours a day,7 days a week but damn it one thing will always be the same. We love eachother!!! (Okay enough with the mushy stuff) A lot of people second guessed or questioned our 30 days of sobriety for whatever reason, but it was something that we wanted to do and did. We are now walking away from April with our shoulders back and heads held high. The last thing I learned is that I hate when people don't comment on other peoples blogs ;) All I have left to say is, CHEERS BIG EARS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kiddo's I am so proud of you guys and the month of sobriety! That shows commitment and belief that you can handle anything put to you without 'numbing' anything, let alone the cost issue. I hope it serves you in the years to come. All my love....Val Lightbody

Jenni and Simon said...

Way to go!!! It was rgeat to see you guys while we were home and we hope you can come visit us soon. But, nice job on the no drinking. Welcome to our world:) Love you!
Jenni, Simon and Laynie