Thursday, December 20, 2007

Bah Humbug...sort of


Christmas is a time of joy and happiness right? Well this year for me at least it doesn't even feel like Christmas. I think the problem is the wedding and honeymoon timing, not only did we miss Thanksgiving which is like the starting off point to the holiday season, but we were in Florida. How can you get into the spirit when it is 80 degrees and you are walking on the beach? I feel like Kevin from Home Alone, when his family was going to Florida for Christmas he said something about decorating a Palm tree....well that's what I did! Zak and I are going to be in New Hampshire for Christmas so I didn't really decorate the house. Zak actually had some of the guys put up lights and our blow-up Santa to surprise me...It helped a little. We leave tomorrow night for New Hampshire, which will be a lot of fun because everyone will be together and will hopefully help get me in the spirit. Thanks to Simon and Jenni for having us all, it should be interesting!



On another note, getting married was the best most memorable thing I have done in my life, thus far, I wouldn't change the location, number of people, or anything about it because it was what we wanted. But, when you are paying for a good portion of the wedding yourself and you come home from your honeymoon to no money, getting married sucks! I feel better after getting that off my chest.


Merry Christmas, I will post pictures from New Hampshire and my most adorable niece soon!

I have added pictures to the previous blog of the beginning of the snow we received a couple of weeks ago and a picture of my "new" hair cut.

No comments: