Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Weekend In Nebraska


This last weekend Zak, myself and our three children loaded up the Mallow and drove to Lincoln, Nebraska to visit Matt and Sandra. Yes that's right I said three dogs, none of them very small, Big Zak and me in the Mallow. Zak's idea because it saved on gas, he is right of course it saved on gas but we sacrificed our comfort for it! You may or may not know what its like to get Zak to be anywhere on time, let's just say it's like pulling teeth, and this was no exception. The plan was to leave on Wednesday afternoon, Zak said I will be back to the office around 2:30 we will run our errands, pack the car and leave. Well, Zak got home around 3:30 we ran our errands and made it home around 4:30, which is the original time we wanted to leave. Zak stood in the kitchen, singing loudly while banging his hands on the counters, while I made sure we had everything for clothes and toiletries we would need for the weekend. Zak packed the car, I feed the dogs and it was about 5pm I thought great we might actually get out of here soon...NOT. Of course Zak had to change, eat dinner and do something else that was probably a waste of time, so it wasn't until 6pm that we left, oh well! So we get going and are making GREAT time we about 50 miles from Kearney, NE and hit a nasty snow storm, I will just say it was the longest 50 miles of my life. Anyways we finally made it to Lincoln at around 3 am, sorry to Sandra for having to work the next morning at 9. We had a really fun weekend with going to a good Mexican food restaurant, a really cool martini bar and a great steak house for Matt's Company Christmas, after Christmas party! Thanks for a good time guys, here are a few pictures.





I love the above photo because Zak looks highly intoxicated....even though he wasn't

No comments: