Sunday, September 21, 2008

Zak went hunting and got a Moose...well sort of!?

Okay so technically he wasn't hunting. Zak left early Friday morning around 2:30am to get up to the hunting spot in time for the morning hunt. Zak got up around 2 am, loaded the truck, got his coffee and kissed his family goodbye. I of course tossed and turned for another hour and half to get back to sleep and around 5 the dogs got a little restless moved around and one jumped on the bed. I late found out that Ocho had walked in the back gate and into the office to get keys to start one of the trucks and get it ready to help Zak. My phone automatically turns itself on at 6:45am and my alarm goes off. Usually I have a few emails that pop up on my phone and I just hit the button and roll back over. But I just noticed a message from Zak and all I could see was "I just hit a..." so I opened it and the full version was (and I quote) "I just hit a moose f*$cked the truck completely up ocho is on his way to get me i am fine no air bags or anything" So of course I freaked out and called him and he said everything was okay. He had called the sheriff and told the sheriff he didn't need a tow truck. Of course they sent one anyway and then tried to get Zak to pay $150. It all worked out in the end and they even went to the DOW and got a salvage tag so they could get the meat processed. Of course it didn't even phase Zak, which is exactly why I was worried he hit is head or something, he was back up in the hills that afternoon! Here are a few pictures of the ordeal.





Definitely not as bad as it could be but still scary! Thank God!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is crazy! We just saw a deer on the side of the road and we were talking about the damage it could do...but a moose!? Glad that Zak is ok.

Lynn and Cindy Pitman said...

looks scarey to me what's the deal with warhammer