Wednesday, April 29, 2009

20 weeks!

Well here we are, 20 weeks in and to the half way mark!!! Yippee, it has gone by pretty quickly and I'm hoping it only goes faster considering the summer months (along with the heat) will be here all to soon! Thank goodness we have air conditioner in the house and the office, otherwise I would be a hurtin' unit come September! It gets pretty hot in Fort Collins, Not Texas hot of course. Getting to the story at hand, today was our 20 week ultrasound. Now usually this ultrasound is used for parents to discover the sex of the baby. Zak and I have decided that is going to have to wait until September. We made our decision awhile ago to keep the sex a secret and I told Zak that once we decide there is NO turning back. So I gave him the "Speak now or forever hold your peace" statement right before the ultrasound and he stuck with the Surprise factor!! We are excited and looking forward to the big day! Here is Baby G's beautiful profile picture, he/she is pretty good looking...with a really big head. Ouch!


And here is me at 20 weeks, I took this picture right after the ultrasound!


Baby G is measuring a little big, but not much and weighs about 13 oz!! My amniotic fluids are good, the heart has all 4 chambers and brain is BIG!!

We are getting excited to meet the newest member of our family as well as preparing our 4 legged furry children!! I have been felling the baby move A LOT especially after a day where I have spent most of my time on my feet walking around. Zak has yet to be able to feel the soccer player moving around, which is a total bummer because it feels REALLY cool!! A very generous customer of ours gave us a crib and dresser/changing table, it is perfect! The exact color and style that I wanted, mattress included. I'm going to mess around with a few paint colors this weekend so that I can get that started, another thing to check off my rapidly growing list. Zak and I have decided on diapers, which is great because it was a big ordeal. Cloth versus disposable...well how about both!? Check them out, there are pretty cool and Eco friendly which is important to us. G diapers (G is for Green but we thought it was good for Baby G!!) http://www.gdiapers.com

That is all we have going on now, just waiting and waiting. Finally things seem to be going smooth and "normal." Zak says "Since when were you ever normal?" Yeah, back atcha buddy!!! Hope everyone is well.

2 comments:

Jenni and Simon said...

Everything looks great! Damn, that's a huge head:) Have fun with that!!!!! lvoe you,
Simon, Jenni and Laynie

Jennifer Cadd said...

Baby G is going to be one smart baby!! I am glad you are finally getting a little prego bump! I am even more exited that Baby G is healthy!! I really like the idea of the G Diapers, I had never heard of them!! Well I am glad you are both doing good! Talk to you soon:)
Jenn