Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Super Powers??


Who would've thought I had hidden super powers?! In the past 4 weeks I have learned all these crazy things I can do that I never knew! For starters I can do EVERYTHING one handed and I'm talking everything people. Laundry, cooking, cleaning and yes even using the bathroom. Now I don't usually go to the bathroom with a baby in my hands but I have so I know I can do it! Next, surviving on zero sleep. I've always heard moms say they can do this but never believed them until now. Most of you know I like my sleep so being able to thrive and function with 3-4 hours of sleep is a huge accomplishment for me. I can get a cold and still function, YES it sounds crazy. I got a ridiculous head cold last week and was able to still get up at 2am for feedings and still bath my son and change diapers. Can you believe it? I didn't have to lay in bed for days on end to get rid of it. Now I'm not saying that I wouldn't have rather been doing that but someone needed me! I have discovered that I can be very organized, I've never been much of a neat freak but with Holden I have to have everything in its place otherwise I can't find it at 2am! And lastly, I've learned I can can love someone SO much and I'm not just talking about Holden. Yes, from the moment I saw him I had this overwhelming love for another human being and that is just indescribable but I'm talking more about the love for my husband. Who know I could love him anymore? He has been really great through this getting me whatever I shout out at the top of my lungs, hehe! It really is nice to have him around and it makes me appreciate single/widowed mothers in this world. Now if I could just find the super power to make the laundry fold and put itself away that would be great! Where is my fairy Godmother when I need her?

3 comments:

stephanie wind said...

Yeah Robben! Good work girl - I knew you could do it!!! Now...you need a fam pic up top with the little guy in it!!! :)

Stephanie Lopez said...

Awe I love your post! It makes me want to run out and get a baby!! And possibly a husband? The second one is debatable ;) love ya TWIM!

Lynn and Cindy Pitman said...

I have always had faith in your abilities. It gets better until they are teenagers.