Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ding, Ding, Ding...Round 2!


Well just as I open my big mouth about Molly being the healthiest dog we have, My mom finds a weird growth/sore under her armpit. After I told myself it was just something she got from playing in the mountains, I noticed it wasn't getting any better. Zak and I discussed it and decided to just go to the vet to get it looked at, Better safe than sorry they always say!! Today we went to the vet and after all the tests and such the verdict is in, she has a Mast Cell Tumor. I don't know all the details,(If you would like more info please visit www.deerfieldvetclinic.com) I do know that it is a very common form of a tumor and the same exact thing that Zeus had last January. It is getting removed on Thursday morning and sent off to the CSU pathology lab for tests. Dr. Corbyn is hoping to remove wide margins and get all of the cancerious tissue in one go. So, we are keeping our fingers crossed and since we have already been through this once we are a little more relaxed. We know that it will be awhile until the results come in so we are going to sit tight and wait for a few weeks. We will keep everyone posted!!!!

No comments: