Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Stupid Cupid???


Why does everyone hate Valentine's day so much? I was listening to the radio earlier today and the DJ was talking about how this year spending will be down 15% due to the economy. He continued by saying that men should pay off television personalities every year to say we are in a recession, thus making it easier to get out a plans and presents. So I'm asking; What is so wrong with Valentine's Day? I personally LOVE it, very fitting since is the day of love, but I do blame my dad since he always made it special! Do most women like it or is it just me? All we are asking for is one day, one silly day for the men in our lives to bring us flowers and chocolate or possibly make the dinner plans for once. Hey what about just a card....that's right people a card is VERY important and never forget it. That isn't so much pressure is it? You should want us to know how much you love us everyday but something tells me that may be asking too much...just kidding. I was very interested by this comment on the radio and I know there is a lot of hype put into being with someone during V-Day. With maybe too much pressure being put on those singles out there....Singles Awareness Day anyone?? I am just curious how everyone else feel about this, please share with me....

PS I thought the picture was fitting I know it is a little vulgar, sorry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think S.A.D. can be tough on the singles.... or recently dating folks! for example - i've gone out with someone for 3 dates and we just aren't at the valentines day sharing level... so it makes it a little awkward to just jump the gone with all those things out there that say "I love you" why don't they sell balloons and items that say "I sort of like you" just a suggestion

Anonymous said...

You go girl. I love Valentine's Day too!