Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Animal Witness: Michael Vick Case

They started a new show on Animal Planet about Animal's being "witness" to horrible and hainous crimes. The first show that aired was a special about the Micheal Vick case. Since Zak and I follow this case and the dogs closely many of you asked if we had watched it. When I first heard about it, I got all the information for the BAD RAP blog. (see link on the right) The GREAT people at BAD RAP said that there was a lot of actual dog fighting footage, some of which was actually footage of Vick's Dog's, I really hate calling them "his" dogs because he had no business owning them. Anyways before I go off about that, I wasn't orginally going to watch the show. On Friday night Zak and I decided to watch it, there really was A LOT of dog fighting too much if you ask me. I got really upset at one point and ran to my room crying and came out a few minutes later yelling about blowing peoples faces off and hoping Vick got killed in prison. It was very intense and I think that the show could have done without SO much fighting. It was good to watch the show and hear from people involved and actually hear how the investigation progressed. The last 20 minutes or so of the show is about some of the dogs that were rescued and rehabilitated most of which by BAD RAP and most of the dogs shown or the ones Zak and I follow closely in their blog which is also to the right called Vick's Rescue Dogs. So if you feel you can watch it, it is awesome to see these dogs proving EVERYONE wrong!!! Just thought I would let everyone know what we thought :) and Zeus too! Here are a few pictures of us after the show, I couldn't help but snuggle SO close and think about what horrible things those dogs went through. Good show, hope you can find it on a rerun sometime.




I also found this really neat 10 question quiz on the Animal Planet wesbite take it, seriously it took me about 2 mintues and I got 10 out of 10 right....can you??
http://animal.discovery.com/tv/animal-witness/michael-vick/pit-bull-myths-quiz/index.html

You will probably have to copy and paste it to your browser as I couldn't get it to insert a link right on this computer!

No comments: